Nothing looks better on a man than a crisp suit and stylish accessories. But what if his beard is overgrown or his hair is looking oily? Hair grooming is just as important to the overall look of a man as the clothes he wears. Here we have some handy tips on personal hair grooming and the best products to use for yourself or even as male gift ideas for that special someone.
The process of shaving not only involves using a shaver, but it starts even before you put shaver to skin. Skin is very sensitive and should be treated with care when shaving. Make sure to use an all-natural shave soap to keep your skin nourished and reduce irritation. Follow the below steps to ensure your skin stays nice and smooth after you shave:
1. Cleanse Before you shave, make sure you cleanse. Cleaning you face lifts the bristles off your face and gives you a cleaner shave.
2. Pre-Shave oil Before shaving, apply a shave oil or lather or both if you want really smooth skin.
3. Shaving soap Use a foaming gel or a shave soap, which can be applied using a shaving brush.
4. Moisturise Finally, always make sure you moisturise. A good moisturiser not only helps with hydration but also sun protection, skin smoothing and even helps fight wrinkles.
Hair removal is not only appropriate for women, but men too. If you tend to have a mono brow or excessive hair growth than hair removal is the perfect solution. Here are some tips:
1. See a professional If you are not sure how to style your eyebrows or wax, see an expert. It will save you time and at least you know they will get it right!
2. Tweezers Invest in good tweezers It is the perfect hair maintenance tool in between seeing a professional.
3. Never shave When it comes to your eyebrows, never shave! Not only will a disaster likely occur, but also the hair will come back thicker and faster.
A great hairstyle is one of the most important factors to your overall look. A good haircut and using the right products are key to sporting a great head of hair. Check out the following tips:
Hairdresser it is important to find a great hairdresser. You shouldnt really skimp on money here as a great haircut will make all the difference to your overall style.
Make it easy Ensure that your hair is low maintenance and quick transition from shower to ready
Book frequently Always make a future booking for a haircut preferably every 5 weeks. This is something that men dont do often enough and as a result their hairstyle ends up looking unkept. If you book in advance, it is easy to upkeep.